Monday, July 13, 2015

Why I'm Back

Here's my first post in a long time. Looking back into my posts of five or so years ago, I realize that I've changed: my tastes, my beliefs, and my base personality. Hence, it really is a strange feeling, gazing at myself from way back being passionate about all sorts of things. I started this blog as a sort of vanity project, a platform to project my views about all sorts of thing. In due time, I found the process of updating a blog regularly all too tedious, so I eventually moved on to other platforms: from various online forums, to Facebook, to Twitter. As a result, this little project came to an end.

Now, I'm looking for a simple platform to further develop my thoughts on the different things I'm exposed to. I've found the character limit on Twitter to be too constraining for expressing more precise ideas, At best, Twitter is best for stream-of-consciousness, hair trigger reactions than deliberate exposition. On the other hand, Facebook, while allowing for longer content, feels much too public. I can't imagine that a good chunk of the people in my Facebook wall would care too much about my latest gripes about some recent anime. Lastly, while forums are great: they encourage discussion, they allow for reasonable critiquing of ideas, and they provide exposure, they, like real conversations, require an understanding of context to present certain ideas, which I learned the hard way from my time in the Anime Suki forums.

Taking all these limitations into account, I decided to start posting in this old blog again. This will a) allow me a good deal of freedom to express myself and b) provide the space for longer, more developed ideas.




No comments:

Post a Comment